This 3 hour online course is designed to give exercise professionals a grounding in working with stroke survivors. It includes a 10 question quiz after each of the 6 modules and a 40 question quiz after the final module.
- It explains the pathophysiology of stroke.
- It covers the impact of stroke, including abnormal muscle synergy patterns.
- It includes many practical examples of how to work with a variety of impairments.
- It includes a glossary and explanations of the key terminology used in stroke.
- On completion of the course students will be able to prescribe appropriate exercise – including stretching, strengthening and mobilising – for stroke survivors.
Stroke and the Exercise Professional carries 2 CPD points for NZ REPs registered exercise professionals, who also receive a 20% discount.